Ocean Conservation Gear - Art - Events
As the owner of Stoked On Salt - aka ‘SOS’- ocean conservation gear and founder of our volunteer group 'SOS Ocean Clean Up' in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, I wanted to share with you a fun way to contribute to the preservation of our beautiful ocean, beaches and living coral reefs that identify the special place where we live.
"Many people are not aware of the ocean’s influence on us and our influence on the ocean and I wanted to do something that was inspiring for a younger generation because they’re the ones in line to inherit all these issues.” - founder of SOS Ocean Conservation Day, Lisa Miceli-Capano. Now in its 4th year, the SOS Ocean Conservation Day is a free, one day, outdoor event not only fun, but an educational program for the entire family that will help bring awareness to our ocean and the efforts to preserve and protect our living coral reef ecosystems.
This year we are excited to announce that the 4th annual SOS Ocean Conservation Day event will be a PLASTIC FREE event!! No single-use plastic, styrofoam, plastic straws, plastic bags or plastic utensils will be provided within the event.
The 4th annual event will be returning to the Jaco Pastorius Park located in the City of Oakland Park, FL. Expected attendance of 2,000+. Event details to be announced.
The SOS Mission this year: BE E.C. -- Be Environmentally Conscious™
Within the SOS Ocean Conservation Village area, over 40 ocean/marine conservation groups will engage in outreach with the general public about issues that could be addressed on a local level - which we so desperately need: corals - manatees - lionfish - beach/ocean debris - sharks - sea turtles - manta rays - whales - lobstering - water quality - wildlife rescue - fishing regulations - ocean safety and more.
Outreach for guests include :
• Shark4Kids interactive area where you can experience a 3d virtual shark dive inside a shark cage
• Puckerup to kiss-a-shark in the SOS photo booth with Stoked On Salt
• Free reuseable tote bags to use for collecting outreach and educational materials as guests visit table-to-table and learn more about the importance of our florida coral reefs and sea life
• Live lionfish safety demonstrations
• Local ocean artists, photograghy and debris sculptures
• Photo-ops with live mermaids, pirates and strolling characters
• Hands-on fun under every tent
* Food Booths, Drinks, Live Entertainment
• Free, eco-friendly, biodegradable give-aways and more to be announced!
During the event we will have conservation groups educating the community on how to become more eco-friendly. We encourage all event goers to bring their own ocean-friendly drink ware to help continue the ongoing mission to ban plastic in our community. Keep an eye out for the colorful SOS Debris Art Donation Boxes that will be set up in the front of each non-profit booth. 100% of the donations will go to the group(s) you would like to support to help them continue their efforts here in South Florida.
Sponsorship packages available by email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Vendor Applications coming soon. Feel free to send us an email to get on the waiting list.
Feel free to visit our SOS OCEAN CONSERVATION DAY Facebook page to view photos and all the fun we have while educating the community. Don't forget to follow our social media pages to stay updated as the 2020 event details unfold.
Live lionfish spine removal demonstrations and safety handling tips, recipes and more.
The 3rd annual SOS Ocean Conservation Day is a free, one day, outdoor event not only fun, but an educational program for the entire family that will help bring awareness to our ocean and the efforts to preserve and protect our living coral reef ecosystems.
This year we are excited to announce that we will be partnering with the Winterfest Boat Parade Family Fun Day, 10am to 3pm, Huizenga Plaza, 32 East Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL. Expected attendance of 7,000+.
The SOS Mission this year: "Youth Ocean Education"
Over 30 Ocean/Marine Conservation groups will join us to engage in outreach with the general public about issues that could be addressed on a local level - which we so desperately need: CORALS - MANATEES - LIONFISH - BEACH/OCEAN DEBRIS - SHARKS - SEA TURTLES - MANTA RAYS - WHALES -LOBSTERING - WATER QUALITY - WILDLIFE RESCUE - FISHING REGULATIONS - OCEAN SAFETY and more.
Outreach for guests :
• Shark4Kids - Interactive area to experience a 3D Virtual Shark Dive inside a shark cage
• Puckerup! Kiss-A-Shark Photo Booth with Stoked On Salt
• Free Reef Safe Sun Reusable Tote Bag for outreach and educational materials as guests visit table-to-table and learn more about the importance of our Florida Coral Reefs and Sea Life
• Force E Scuba Centers Live Lionfish Safety Demonstrations by Charley Schram
• Cast a fishing line into the water while learning more on fishing safety and regulations IGFA
• Free Sea Turtle Oversight Protection tattoos
• Local Ocean Artists, Photography and Debris Sculptures
• Kids Fun and Arts & Crafts
• Educational hands-on fun under each tent
• Live Mermaids and Pirate
• Free eco-friendly, biodegradable give-aways... and more!
We encourage all event goers to bring their own ocean-friendly drinkware to help continue the ongoing mission to Ban Plastic in our community.
Fort Lauderdale: Mega evento comunitario ‘SOS’ intenta ayudar a salvar el océano el domingo 24 de noviembre --- https://www.sun-sentinel.com/elsentinel/fl-es-sos-ocean-conservation-day-oceano-20191118-svex64zncffu3mkepf2azd26ly-story.html?fbclid=IwAR0ZY4uXcYZkHXKRzcFFK0SBbNKAbchw_gMobogNRm1wXPm99gbpkSQmM0k